Monday, August 22, 2016

Welcome to My Blog!





I'm fairly new at this, but I figured starting with an introduction. Seems appropriate. I created this blog to have a place to organize the editorial articles and stories that I have written and will write along my journey. I named it living undefined because we, as people, tend to label everything. I use to think  if you liked make up and hung out with a certain crowd you couldn't like things like hunting without another more hurtful... wait for it...  label. Like poser, imposter, faker, hurtful labels I didn't want to be associated with. But now, the only opinion that matters is the one I have of myself. So I'm done with labels. I'm going to live my life that's undefined to anyone be me. FYI: I like make up, and rainbows, some high end clothes, full camo, working on car, getting dirty, putting on a dress for a date, and dressing down to pajamas and playing video games with the hubby. This is who I am. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures, and maybe you will be inspired to have some of your own. If you do, please don't forget to share with me! That would just completely make my year.

Ever since I was a little girl, Daddy's little tomboy really, I have loved being outdoors.
The world we live in is such an incredibly beautiful place if we take care of it. I dread not being able to share it with my children.
As a mother, I have what I consider to be a "natural" fear of anything I can't control... I'm probably misguided in that concept. Anyway, one day I decided that I didn't like that I had no idea how to provide food for myself and my family in case of an emergency -hunting or gardening alike. That scared me, and ultimately lead me to start this journey.


The more I researched the more I fell in love with the idea of hunting, especially bow hunting. I'm an overachiever by heart ,and I love a good challenge. Bow hunting seemed like the perfect fit for me. Once I master bow hunting, I fully intend to embrace rifle hunting as well. But for now, one dangerous weapon at a time. I've learned so much in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to look back a year from now and see how much I've grown.

You will come to find that I am incredibly quick-witted, have a sharp tongue that cuts diamonds when I'm angry (I do my best to rein it in but no one is perfect), and I absolutely detest  being told I can't do something -especially if it's something a man can do. I'm am so hardheaded, stubborn, competitive, and sometimes I forget that not everyone shares my opinion, and that's ok too. Sometimes what comes out of my mouth even surprises me. I also have ADHD. But their is no mother or wife alive that loves their children of husband more than me. I know I'm bias; but the majority of parents and spouses can attest to feeling the same way. I'm also compassionate, and would give you the shirt off my back. I'm driven, intelligent, honest to an unfortunate fault, and raised with great morals. Most of the time, I have the best intentions in mind.
I'm the woman who looks for anyway to teach her children by example. Like having your daughter give your new sweater to an elderly woman waiting in the same ER lobby as your son who was cold; or not driving off with a tank of full gas when I knew it didn't take my card, even though we needed the money; or deciding not to eat my sandwich from Chick-fil-a and offering it to the homeless man on the corner instead. I am most certainly not a saint by any means. But if I do I nothing more than my raise two beautiful children who mature into responsible, compassionate, adults with a strong moral compass like their Momma, that is fine by me!




My husband gave me the most gorgeous, talented, incredible kids. Mia is our first born, 6 year-old drama queen. She is her mother made over. Boy do I dread the teenage years to come. Karma is surely going to be making it's way back around to this house. Leo is 100% a Momma's boy (as he should be). He is 3 year-old and a spit fire that hasn't let his diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis slow him down one bit. My third child, my bow just kidding, is our Boston Terrier named Cookie. She is a hot mess. Totally a daddy's dog, but has mom eating out of her paw (figuratively not literally -yuck). My kids are my whole world. I have to negotiate time and good behavior at the archery range for park time or swimming. But it's a trade that I won't be losing sleep over anytime soon. They are also my photographers, arrow retrievers, cheerleaders, and complete loves of my life -if it isn't overly obvious yet. Every moment shared with them is worth a thousands lifetimes with anyone else. I enjoy more than anything teaching them about the outdoors. Soon I hope to be a more active part in the #bringakidhuntingcampaign and of course, my two will never be to far behind.

I am married to an Active-Duty Petty Officer of the Navy. He is a Nuclear Engineer, gamer, nerd, and he is
my sunshine. But if I have to be honest...we have the most backwards relationship I've ever seen. God graced me with all the common sense, no lie. Luckily, we are were both blessed with book-smarts. I'm a third generation carpenter, and own ALL the power tools in our home. Yes, you read that right -the Home Depot card is mine. I decided to learn to hunt and shoot a bow completely of my own accord. I can't count how many times I've been asked already, "Did your husband/male relative get you into this?" No...Contrary to popular opinion, I do have the capacity to think and act all on my own. Recently, he did purchase his own bow and seems to be having a ton of fun when we shoot together (If the constant smile is any sort of indication of that). Honestly though, I love that man more than words can express. He is opposite and yet my match in every way. My rock. He loves me and gave me the two best gifts in the world. He has always 100% supported me in all that I do. Even if that means being a strong woman that pushes conventional boundaries and will almost certainly come under criticism for it eventually. What woman could ask for more than that? This one definitely can't.





Only little bit on school as there isn't much to tell. I'm a 4.0 GPA, Dean's List student.(I have two very important people to set an example for.) I'm very proud of that accomplishment. I home school my children and go to school over full time credits every semester, summer included. It's never to late, believe me.


Few of my other hobbies include: spending time with the absolute best friends a girl could ask for (when we all occupy the same state country), horseback riding, cooking, water sports, fishing, the occasional MMO with the hubby, volunteering, traveling, hiking, and now writing!


Also from 2014-2015 I went from 215lb to 150lb while my husband was deployed through Nutrisystem. I've kept the weight off for over a year now! I'm not trying to brag and I'm not being paid to advertise this. But without Nutrisystem, I'd still be that miserable, depressed, lazy, person on the couch who didn't even realize how much life she was really missing out on until now. I don't even know her anymore. So if you need motivation or advice on your weight loss journey, I'm here for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teodlPuOLn8




Clubs and Associations:
USA Archery
Roadrunner Archery Club
San Diego Archers
Womenhunters

No comments:

Post a Comment